Twelve roses is all it takes to create a stunning rose centerpiece. That’s it…we promise. Our do-it-yourself Rose Bowl gives you time to focus on all the other aspects of your party, wedding or special get-together. What’s wonderful about this unique vessel is you choose what to display in its center. We’ve shown you how elegant a bottle of wine looks on tabletop and how you can customize your centerpiece with unique seasonal offerings like these blue robin’s eggs. The skies the limit. Fill your rose bowl’s middle with a single floating flower. How about a candle? Candies make for a functional floral arrangement.
Archive for March, 2014
Many parts of the country are emerging from a very snowy winter, while others are still being hit hard by Winter Storm Vulcan. Yet, the first day of Spring is only one week away. We’re taking the leap into the new season and highlighting one of our very favorite flowers — the delphinium. Here’s a list of why you should like this striking flower, and think about including delphinium in an upcoming spring floral arrangement:
- They’re blue. Mother Nature didn’t spawn a vast variety of naturally blue flowers. In fact, there are very few blue specimens. Delphinium rank as one of the best true blue flowers.
- They’re chic. Delphiniums are grown in pale and dark shades of blue as well as pinks, lavenders and creams. These multi-blossomed flowers mix well with all other floral varieties, especially those in shades of pink, green, white and yellow.
- They’re inspirational. Blue delphiniums remind us of the skies and the seas. When a fresh bouquet of these blue beauties is added to our living space its almost as if we’ve added a splash of the sea, sky or salty air to the room.
- They’re statuesque. Delphiniums are tall flowers. They will stand out in any arrangement with their spires of beautiful blossoms. They are not shy about making their presence known.
- They’re always in style. Just like the color blue is never out-of-date, neither is the delphinium. With over 250 species grown, the flowers make the perfect casual bouquet yet are equally at ease in a formal centerpiece.
They are soft, star-shaped and simply irresistible. Sorbonne Oriental lilies are adored for their large blooms and intoxicating fragrance. In fact, this sugar pink lily with white-edged petals is known for making a statement whether displayed in a big bouquet or among other flowers in a beautiful arrangement. Lilies are easy to arrange and you can gain much inspiration from this flower.
Each wedding anniversary has a designated flower.The Lily is the traditional 30th Anniversary flower.